Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Serenity

This design was a custom request by my Granola Girlfriend, Taycia. Her personality seems to me very eclectic - I was fairly sure she would love the various fonts. (If you'd like to see the image a bit closer, you can click on the photo.)

For myself, I had never before read the entire prayer. I knew nothing more than the first verse. So, it was quite inspirational and humbling to read it in it's entirety.

Designing this was almost effortless. It really was as if everything was already in place; each line seemed to place itself perfectly beneath my hand, and each choice for font seemed obvious.

When I sat back to look at it, it just seemed right. I was so pleased with the end result. I felt that certain words were mildly emphasized....and to me, the meaning of the prayer seemed to deepen. I had to do little more than align a few punctuation marks, and nudge a couple of lines of text...but all in all, this design basically created itself!

And truly, what a perfect sentiment. I know I need to see this in my daily life. I need this reminder. To accept. To surrender. The God of the universe IS infinitely good, and I can trust Him, and be assured of happiness.

No comments: